Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity
In Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus, now extended with reward content, Nabeel Qureshi portrays his exciting adventure from Islam to Christianity, finish with companionships, examinations, and otherworldly dreams en route.
Giving a personal window into a cherishing Muslim home, Qureshi offers how he built up enthusiasm for Islam before finding, practically without wanting to, confirmation that Jesus became alive once again and guaranteed to be God. Not able to deny the contentions however not having any desire to deny his family, Qureshi battled with an internal turmoil that will challenge Christians, Muslims, and every one of the individuals who are keen on the world’s most prominent religions.
- I purchased this book carefully somewhere else when it was a bargain. I anticipated that would pick up knowledge into the Muslim culture and religion.
- That is a book that you can’t put down! It peruses like a story while giving vital chronicled, religious and observational proofs of Islam and Christianity.
- Religion is dependably an unstable subject, with everybody having a feeling on the theme.
- In the main page, the commitment page, Nabeel has moved me to tears. The last parts are significantly more so.
- I discovered this incredibly fascinating and accommodated giving a superior comprehension of Islam.
- I just couldn’t get into perusing this book. A few sections are steep to get it.
- A Muslim was attempting to dishonor Christianity. Sources cited are temperamental and erroneous.
- I thought I as of now surveyed this book. The author is clear, and there is some excellent data about Islam and how it is basically
- This is an exhausting book. I observed it is of no assistance to anybody. Neither the author or his many Christian companions composed anything I discovered supportively.
Mahomet and His Successors (Classic Reprint)
- Shipping Weight: 2.3 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 (1,617 reviews)
- ISBN-10: 1330064046
- ISBN-13: 978-1330064047
- Publisher: Forgotten Books (September 27, 2015)
- Language: English
- Paperback: 784 pages
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.6 x 9 inches
Some statement of regret may appear to be fundamental for showing an existence of Mahomet at the present day when no new certainty can move added to those known concerning him. Numerous years since, amid a living arrangement in Madrid, the writer anticipated a progression of works illustrative of the control of the Arabs in Spain. These were to be displayed by an outline of the life of the originator of the Islam confidence, and the primary mover of Arabian victory. The greater part of the particulars for this was switched from Spanish sources, and from Gagnier’s interpretation of the Arabian history specialist Abulfeda, a duplicate of which the creator found in the Jesuits’ Library of the Convent of St. Isidro, at Madrid.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe’s, “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” is a book worth perusing.
- This story composed so long back, so a significant number of the circumstances and remarks were topical and applicable to the present occasion of the time it was composed
- An account of bondage composed just before the common war that has an extremely real ring to it (dissimilar to books and articles composed today with 150 years of a channel).
- This is a book everyone thinks about yet not very many individuals have perused.
- How might anybody get past the American government funded educational system without having perused this vital exemplary
- Remarkably upbeat to see others are finding this fantastic book.
- This duplicate is not excellent. It displays close. Well, copy, similar to somebody replicated it, filtered a book, transferred it to their PC and printed it out.
- Stayed the major portion. Solely perfumes. Too bad. I appear to review that I took a stab at perusing these many years back yet never completed then.
- For reasons unknown, this release means marked with a minor text style I’ve ever found in a book. It’s ludicrous.
- The print is outlandishly little. Try not to purchase this one. The story is a work of art, and an absolute necessity read, just not this version.
- Story great, purchased for sound, could download music held no outlines so frustrated
The History of the Sunni and Shia Split: Understanding the Divisions within Islam
- Paperback: 56 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; Lrg edition (January 11, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1542466121
- ISBN-13: 978-1542466127
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.1 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5(91 reviews)
Distinctive branches of a similar religion are the particular case more than the govern, and they have had a significant effect upon history. The break between the Orthodox and Catholic Churches impacted connections between countries crosswise over Europe, and religious prejudice given various Christian beliefs prompted to abuse and altogether savagery over the landmass for quite a long time. The Protestant Reformation split Christianity encourage, and the outcomes finished in the unbelievably damaging Thirty Years’ War in the seventeenth century.
- I observed that I adapted more about the distinctions in conviction amongst Sunni and Shia Muslims from this short abstract than whatever else I’ve perused.
- With the greater part of the turmoil in the Middle East, having a basic comprehension, Islam is positively significant.
- An exceptionally elegantly composed, well-spoken and instructive book. If you genuinely need to comprehend the major reasons of the split between these two Muslim gatherings.
- As an outcast to Islam, it is hard to comprehend the partition that exists between the Sunni and Shia.
- I don’t have the foggiest idea about that I would state a 5 star needs to mean I adore it with a reference book yet it has been an eye opener.
- No grant, original research or even a clear vision of this aggregation of gibberish. Finish exercise in futility and cash
- Intriguing and useful, yet severely altered not changed by any means. Heaps of fundamental language structure mistakes make it repulsive to peruse.
- Not what I was inquiring about. An excess of old history. I was searching for more detail on the last two hundred years or thereabouts. Careful to stay with it.
- The creator has not looked past the customary account and propagates the myths that keep on dividing the general population, to the weakness of the world.
Excellent Daughters: The Secret Lives of Young Women Who Are Transforming the Arab World
- ISBN-10: 0143109944
- ISBN-13: 978-0143109945
- Publisher: Penguin Books; Reprint edition (January 10, 2017)
- Language: English
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5(77 reviews)
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.8 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Paperback: 272 pages
For over ten years, Katherine Zoepf has lived in or gone all through the Arab world, providing details regarding the lives of ladies, whose part in the area has never been more in flux. Just an era prior, female puberty as we probably are aware it in the West did not exist in the Middle East. There were just kids and wedded ladies. Today, young Arab women dwarf men in colleges, and a couple is starting to confront down religious and social custom keeping in mind the end goal to live autonomously, to defer marriage, and to seek after expert objectives. A huge number of dedicated young ladies and women are going to Qur’anic schools—and utilizing the preparation to contend for more prominent rights and flexibilities from an Islamic point of view. What’s more, in 2011, young ladies drove antigovernment dissents in the Arab Spring. In any case, their voices have not listened. Their stories have not done told.
- I read insatiably about the Middle East, Islam and ladies in the Arab world amid the first Gulf War in the mid-1990’s.
- Initial introduction is that it is not by any stretch of the imagination what I thought it would be.
- A convincing story of the treatment of ladies in the center east. Couldn’t put it down.
- I wish she could have been all the more fiercely legit. However, I comprehend the position she was in and would have done likewise she did.
- This point by point portrayal of the lives of Muslim ladies in different nations was a good eye opener.
- This book moved introduced for a book dialog gathering, and all who read it welcomed it.
- Albeit elegantly composed and to some degree intriguing, the book was an enormous dissatisfaction.
- In both missions, I was distressfully frustrated. So terrible
- Petite new data is introduced in the book. It is to a high degree tedious; the book ought to have been the half of the real size.
Threading My Prayer Rug: One Woman’s Journey from Pakistani Muslim to American Muslim
- ISBN-10: 1536625345
- ISBN-13: 978-1536625349
- Language: English
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5(58 customer reviews)
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.5 x 6.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces
- Publisher: Audible Studios on Brilliance Audio; MP3 Una edition (November 22, 2016)
Threading My Prayer Rug is a luxuriously finished reflection on what it is to be a Muslim in America today. It is additionally the radiant story of many adventures: from Pakistan to the United States in an orchestrated marriage that turns into an adoration coordinate enduring 40 years; from ordinary Muslim in an Islamic culture to sincere Muslim in a general public uninformed of Islam, and from independent to the traditionalist to American Muslim only change from understudy to lady and mother and from a foreigner planning to remain two years to an American native, business official, grandma, and enthusiastic supporter for interfaith comprehension.
- Sabeeha Rehman’s book “Threading My Prayer Rug ” I got my duplicate, and I was interested in thinking about her adventure.
- Threading My Prayer Rug is the ideal remedy for now – warm and great story of a conventional
- I cherished this book and even purchased a duplicate to send to my little girl in-law in Minnesota, and she’s been imparting it to companions.
- This book is moving to individuals of every single religious foundation. I am an Evangelical Christian and I took in a great deal about Islam and the Pakistani culture
- The first half was intriguing; then it, got repetitious .Found things I didn’t know
- I never got it. Islam sucks not changer Islam conventional.
- The instructs in this book are not all that point by point for an apprentice; it is not a stage by step educating. If you are new to Islam, this book is noot for you.
The Lovers: Afghanistan’s Romeo and Juliet, the True Story of How They Defied Their Families and Escaped an Honor Killing
- ISBN-13: 978-0062378835
- Product Dimensions: 5.3 x 0.9 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5(52 reviews)
- Publisher: Ecco; Reprint edition (December 13, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 006237883X
- Paperback: 400 pages
An arresting, good likeness The Kite Runner—an incredibly intense and significantly moving story of a young couple willing to chance everything for affection that puts a human face on the continuous civil argument about ladies’ rights in the Muslim world.
Zakaria and Ali were from various tribes, yet they experienced childhood with neighboring ranches in the hinterlands of Afghanistan. When they were youthful youngsters, Zakia, strikingly delightful and wildly stubborn, and Ali, modest and delicate, had experienced passionate feelings for. Resisting their families, partisan contrasts, social traditions, and Afghan conventional and Islamic law, they fled together just to live under steady danger from Zakia’s vast and wrathful family, who have promised to murder her to reestablish the family’s respect. They are still sequestered from everything.
- I started this book at a young hour at night, and couldn’t put it down until well after 12 pm until I encourage battery, at last, kicked the bucket.
- A brilliant story of the agony of significant youthful others in a place where there is torment.
- Could I give it six stars? The story is a page turner from the opening section.
- A genuine eye-opener. Excellent covering the terrible condition of marriage in Afghanistan.
- That is a substantially elegantly composed account loaded with interesting, authentic data. I could barely put it down! I’ll be suggesting it profoundly!
- This book not just recounted the romantic tale of these two individuals, it additionally gives into the way of life in Afghanistan and the lifestyle there, and so on.
- I disdained the part the creator played in the story.
- Incredibly shortsighted prose& I never built up any sensitivity for Romeo and Juliet
- My feeling is the book it excessively confounding and exhausting.