Men of the Bible Paperback
- Product Dimensions:6 x 0.2 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight:7 ounces
- Paperback:98 pages
- Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (February 1, 2017)
In this book, Moody offers an extraordinary interpretation of a portion of the Bible’s most fascinating characters and keeping in mind that he writes about surely understood men, for example, Abraham, Moses and John the Baptist, a few parts are committed to those “lesser known.” Moody takes the confidence and life lessons from any semblance of Nehemiah, Joseph of Arimathea and the criminal on the cross and after that conveys the application home to the peruser.
- D. L. Moody’s Men of the Bible isn’t about the majority of the men of the Bible, yet of Abraham, Moses, Naaman, Nehemiah, Herod (Antipas)and John the Baptist, the Man Born Blind and Joseph of Arimathea, the Penitent Thief.
- A book of scriptures editorial with a Godly perspective of Men of the book of scriptures. Short stories and a reasonable perspective of being a christian.
- Here’s the thing I particularly like about Dwight Lyman Moody: He comes out with the simple truth of the matter. He was not a minister that tiptoed around an issue, nor did he have long fancy sermons.
- Surly catches the complete self of the Word of God and living for Jesus. Meat and potatoes, back to the book of scriptures, Christ centered another extraordinary book that difficulties me to “stroll as Jesus strolled”.
- I truly needed this book! Regardless i’m holding up to get it.
- I would not prescribe this book. A large portion of the Men are canvassed in the Bible and I would prescribe you read that. did not offer any new knowledge to me.
The Story of Christianity, Vol. 2, Revised and Updated: The Reformation to the Present Day Unabridged Audio Edition
- Product Dimensions:4 x 1.4 x 5.5 inches
- Shipping Weight:8 ounces
- Audio CD:1 pages
- Publisher: Blackstone Audio, Inc.; Unabridged Audio edition (January 17, 2017)
- Language: English
With new data on the critical commitments of ladies to chapel history and the most recent data on Christianity in creating nations, Gonzalez’s lavishly finished review talks about the progressions and bearings of the congregation up to the twenty-first century. The Story of Christianity covers such late events as the fall of the Soviet Union and the arrival of the Russian Orthodox Church; women’s activist, African American, and third-world religious philosophies; the embarrassments and contentions confronting the rule of Pope Benedict XVI; interfaith discourse; and the development toward solidarity of all Christian houses of worship. This modified and redesigned version of The Story of Christianity finishes up with an astute take a gander at the significant issues and open deliberations confronting Christianity today.
- In another content (‘The Changing Shape of Church History’), Justo Gonzalez expounds on the move far from an Eurocentric concentrate on the historical backdrop of Christianity to an acknowledgment that Christianity is a worldwide wonder,
- I am not a religious philosophy understudy, I essentially needed to know more about how the congregation has created after some time.
- Just the BEST two volume’s (This is the second of two) for educating the genuine disapproved of Christian about the birth and development of Christianity.
- So far this book has been a truly simple read. I’m not a man that appreciates perusing in particular but rather the areas are short and exceptionally enlightening, which works ideal for somebody who wouldn’t like to peruse much for an outline. It’s not the most point by point it can be but rather I’m not really searching for that
- This is a big volume for concentrate the historical backdrop of the western church, especially the improvement of Protestantism close by of the Catholic church which is wage to read.
- My book is missing arbitrary pages, 30 pages here and there, and I don’t know what number of are absent toward the finish of the book
Power Through Prayer Paperback
- Product Dimensions:5 x 0.2 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight:3 ounces
- Paperback:80 pages
- Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; Lrg edition (January 18, 2017)
E.M. Limits was a Christian creator and individual from the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. Limits is maybe best known for his educational books on petition which have extraordinarily helped Christians looking for otherworldly development. In the book Power Through Prayer Bounds talks about how legitimate petition can extend the Christian’s comprehension of God and His awesome power.
- E.M. Limits composed 9 books, 7 of which were regarding the matter of supplication. My profound granddad, Leonard Ravenhill, said of this book when he got it, “I purposed to experience this book on the double
- In all my life, I have never observed any individual discuss petition on the same number of levels as mr. Limits has done. I reveal to you this book is sensational.
- This book is composed by an expert clergyman, to individuals required in service, and components Bound’s appeal that all service is rendered disputable and weak without petition
- This is a book that is pinpointing the need of offering time to reverential supplication. Essentially clarifying our need of requiring some investment in the storeroom and building up a personal association with our Father
- I was very baffled with this book. The creator will use no less than three distinctive adages in succession to exaggerate his point, here and there additional.
- Appeared to be a legalistic book. Instructs you to rise prior and invest more energy and you’ll be better. Appears to be counter Paul’s works which disclose to us that Christ in us is the trust of transcendence (Colossians 1:27)
The Witness of the Stars Paperback
- Product Dimensions:5 x 0.4 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight:2 pounds
- Paperback:188 pages
- Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; Lrg edition (January 19, 2017)
E.W. Bullinger was an Anglican priest, scholar, and Christian essayist. Bullinger was additionally known for being a noticeable Biblican researcher and his book The Witness of the Stars is a great among both Christian and cosmology understudies. Bullinger distributed The Witness of the Stars in 1892. In the book Bullinger utilizes space science and quotes from the Bible to demonstrate a presence of God’s Word in the development of the stars.
- I would give the new distributer, Cosimo, one star. It doesn’t have the overlay out of the 48 heavenly bodies in the back as does the book distributed by Kregel, and it has “Soothsaying” composed on the title page.
- I purchased this book from Amazon and it is distributed by Kregel and has the crease out in back showing the greater part of the groups of stars. An astonishing book and vital for each one of those inspired by going to a more full information of the Truth.
- I never knew the star groupings were so immense. I wish the book had pictures or drawings. I am a reliable star gazer and know the vast majority of the heavenly bodies, yet this book backpedaled to the sources of the groups of stars and point by point how the names were undermined.
- I purchased this book various years prior for rational theology purposes- – While I would concur with different commentators that it holds a high perspective of Scripture, and the book unquestionably speaks to a considerable measure of research, I believe that the way to deal with symbology utilized here can be dangerous
- This is an astounding book and I’ve claimed different duplicates some time recently. All things considered, this is a ghastly printing of it and does the immense work of Mr. Bullinger an injury.
Katharina and Martin Luther: The Radical Marriage of a Runaway Nun and a Renegade Monk Hardcover
- Product Dimensions:7 x 1.3 x 8.6 inches
- Shipping Weight:1 pounds
- Hardcover:320 pages
- Publisher:Baker Books (January 31, 2017)
Despite seemingly insurmountable opposition, the far-fetched union worked, after some time blooming into the most delicate of romantic tales. This novel memoir recounts the arresting story of two remarkable individuals and their exceptional relationship, offering reviving bits of knowledge into Christian history and enlightening the Luthers’ significant effect on the foundation of marriage, the impacts of which still resound today. When they turn the last page, perusers will have a more profound comprehension of Luther as a spouse and father and will come to love and appreciate Katharina, a lady who, despite her urgent part, has been to a great extent overlooked by history.
- “Two Pigtails on the Pillow” – If that section title from a book about the colossal Reformer, Martin Luther, doesn’t interest you, what might? Really, the book is about a great deal more than Martin Luther; it’s about the lady behind the man: Katharina Luther, the runaway religious woman he wedded.
- Superb book! “Katharina and Martin Luther: The Radical Marriage of a Runaway Nun and a Renegade Monk” gave a striking picture of 2 people whose way prompted to each other and to changing the course of history.
- I am not generally one to peruse true to life. I do it once in a while when I hear a convincing proposal. Regardless I had my questions about this one, yet was so astounded to end up experiencing difficulty putting it down.
- I was dually attracted to this book being keen on both religious and music history. I couldn’t have anticipated what a “can’t-put-it-down” read anticipated me.
- Excessively worded and along these lines a relentless read for children. The story is quite non specific.
Apostle: Travels Among the Tombs of the Twelve Paperback
- Product Dimensions:2 x 1 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight:1 pounds
- Paperback:512 pages
- Publisher:Vintage; Reprint edition (February 7, 2017)
The narrative of Twelve Apostles is the account of early Christianity: its contending variants of Jesus’ service, its innumerable breaks, and its definitive advancement from a darken Jewish organization to the worldwide confidence we know today in every one of its structures and stages. In his journey to comprehend the underpinnings of the world’s biggest religion, Tom Bissell leaves on a years-in length journey to the messengers’ gathered tombs, going from Jerusalem and Rome to Turkey, Greece, Spain, France, India, and Kyrgyzstan. En route, Bissell reveals the strange and frequently incomprehensible existences of these twelve men and how their characters have come to fruition through the span of two centuries.
- To a great many people, Christian and non-Christian alike, the Twelve Apostles are both known and obscure. Most can accurately distinguish them as the principal devotees of Jesus Christ, however after that information of the Twelve rapidly decreases into half-recollected stories and legends.
- Tom Bissell brings us with him on his trip through the Middle East, Central Asia, and Europe as he looks for the tombs of the Apostles
- This a superb book for the unadulterated history of Christianity as well as for the way it is told.,
- Anybody inspired by the early history of Christianity and who isn’t hesitant to hear what the verifiable confirmation shows ought to make the most of Bissell’s record of his goes to the tombs of the witnesses,
- I’ve discovered some alleged “tombs of the messengers” in my ventures and frequently thought about how they came to be covered in the different areas